Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This herb is found in a lot of Italian dishes as it complements oregano quite well. In addition, it is used in making pesto. Can you name it?
2. Which herb is often used in pork dishes and is almost a necessity in the American south for making sausage?
3. Which spice is considered the most expensive?
4. Used primarily during the holidays this spice is not just for Thanksgiving, it enhances pumpkin pie, as well as cream sauces, and eggnog. Name it.
5. Whole or ground, this spice adds a little something extra to your potato salad, chicken salad as well as pasta salad. In addition, when added to salt it can really perk up a cocktail. Can you name it?
6. This household staple has been used for centuries and is used daily in most kitchens. Many people prefer to grind their own for a fresh taste directly on their salad or entree. Can you name it?
7. Curly or flat leaf a lot of cooks think of this herb as merely a garnish, but the green herb is actually a great flavor enhancer. Do you know what it is?
8. This spice is used quite a bit in Italian dishes. It gives spaghetti, bread, tomato sauces, meats and poultry a special boost. Careful - don't use too much unless you are expecting a vampire for supper. Do you recognize it?
9. Which herb is used in all kinds of soups, stews, spaghetti and other sauces? In most cases this herb is usually removed before serving.
10. While your doctor may tell you to limit this from your daily diet, you will see this in almost every kitchen, on television cooking shows, and restaurants have it handy on each dining table. Usually it sits next to the black pepper. Can you name it?
Source: Author SweetypieNC
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.