Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This green was originally called Crisphead lettuce until its name was changed in the 1920s to reflect the chilly way in which it was transported across the United States. It has a higher water content and lower nutritional value compared to other lettuce varieties. What is its name?
2. This vegetable, although considered a green, is actually a reddish color with white streaks running throughout the leaves. What is this member of the chicory family that has a slightly bitter flavor?
3. This member of the cabbage family is considered a "superfood" due to its extremely high nutritional value. What is this dark green, leafy vegetable that tastes delicious while at the same time aiding in health?
4. This leafy green vegetable is in the same family as beets and contains a multitude of vitamins and a large dosage of potassium. Perhaps Popeye the Sailor Man can help you figure out the name of this plant.
5. This food is often referred to as "salad rocket" and has its origins in the Mediterranean. What is this low-growing, green plant that offers health benefits to aid internal organs, skin, and blood vessels?
6. This green is the one most commonly used in coleslaw. What is this fiber-rich vegetable that often comes in a round shape with multiple layers of leaves?
7. The star of a Caesar salad, this green also known as cos, has long leaves with ribs running through them. What is this versatile vegetable that is also full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and folic acid?
8. This relative of the sunflower has over 500% of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin K per serving. What is this green whose dried roots and leaves make a wholesome tea?
9. Swiss chard, with its colorful and vitamin-filled leaves, gets its name from the fact it originated in its native Switzerland.
10. Often used in British sandwiches for high tea, this aquatic green ranks among the top foods for providing high levels of nutrients for low caloric levels. What is it?
Source: Author stephgm67
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.