Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Eating a lobster can be an adventure depending on how hard the shell is and a person's lobster eating experience. What are three basic items most commonly given in restaurants and used in homes to successfully remove the meat from a lobster?
2. Lobster meat can be found in several places in a lobster, including the legs, tail, torso, and the two front claws. Where is the majority of lobster meat found (in a Maine lobster)?
3. Lobster meat can be enjoyed plain, but many diners choose to dip the meat into liquids to add flavor. Which of the following would a person eating lobster most likely dip it in?
4. Lobster can be used as an ingredient in a variety of dishes. If a person was to order "surf and turf" in a restaurant, and part of the main course was lobster, which of the following would be the other part?
5. When breaking off the tail of a lobster, a person may encounter a reddish-orange, squishy substance where the tail meets the torso of the lobster. What is this substance called?
6. A person eating a lobster may also encounter green, watery, squishy substance while breaking off a lobster tail. What is this substance known as?
7. Which of the following methods can be used to cook a lobster?
8. If a person went on a vacation to coastal Maine, he or she would likely find many souvenirs with pictures of lobsters that are red. The Maine lobster (also known as the American lobster) becomes red after being cooked. What color is a Maine lobster before it is cooked?
9. The Maine lobster and the spiny lobster are both caught and served in the United States. What two body parts of a lobster can you examine to tell the difference between the two types?
10. Lobster dinners, a parade, live entertainment, arts and crafts, contests, amusement rides, and a Sea Goddess Pageant are all part of a big annual festival that takes place in Rockland, Maine. What is the official name of this festival?
Source: Author mrsx04
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Moo
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.