Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Driving across Japan, you stop to spend the night at a traditional Japanese inn called the ryokan. At breakfast next morning, you are served a dish called tamago gohan. What popular breakfast food is mixed with rice to prepare this?
2. Rice is commonly eaten at breakfast in different forms across most parts of Asia. In which country would you find a type of rice congee known as Chok or Jok on the menu?
3. You sip a glass of a cool yogurt based drink called lassi while watching the day break over the mustard fields of Punjab in Pakistan. Which of the following is a traditional bread stuffed with different types of vegetables you may be served for breakfast?
4. Popularly considered to be the national dish of Myanmar, under what category would the dish known as mohinga be classified?
5. Savouring the sunrise in Sri Lanka, you call for appas or appams - a rice preparation with a soft centre and crispy sides. By what other name are these known?
6. By now you're used to having different types of tea along with your breakfast. What unusual ingredients do you find in the tea that you drink in Bhutan?
7. Rukhal is a type of thin, round bread traditionally eaten for breakfast in Oman. Which of these would be a most likely accompaniment?
8. Given that the Maldives are an island nation, it comes as no surprise that fish is an integral part of the cuisine. Which type of fish is found in the traditional breakfast dish called mas huni?
9. In the Philippines you find omelets on the breakfast menu but what is the key ingredient of the omelet dish called tortang talong?
10. Our final destination is India, a country too big and diverse to be covered at once. Which of these is NOT traditionally eaten for breakfast in the southern parts of India?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.