Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Popcorn has been around for thousands of years. Historians believe that a certain Native American tribe introduced popcorn to the colonists in Massachusetts for the first Thanksgiving in Plymouth. Which tribe was it?
2. What is the scientific name for popcorn?
3. In every batch of popcorn there are those kernels that refuse to pop. What are those unpopped kernels called?
4. Who invented the first commercial popcorn machine?
5. Did you know that popcorn comes in two different shapes when popped? One of the shapes is a snowflake. What's the other?
6. In 1948, 5,000-year-old popcorn kernels were found in caves located in which U.S. state? (It's located in the Southwest).
7. At what temperature will popcorn pop?
8. Which entrepreneur created a brand of popcorn that continues to be the best-selling brand of popcorn in the U.S.?
9. There are a number of U.S. states that claim to be the "Popcorn Capital of the World." Which of the following is NOT one of them?
10. Although there is some doubt as to whether or not "Sam the Popcorn Man" was the first to sell popcorn to movie theaters, he is credited with having popularized it. What is his real name?
Source: Author nmerr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.