Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am in Kabul, Afghanistan and decide that I want to play the national sport "buzkashi". I have my horse, whip, protective clothing, opponents and a referee. What do I need to start the game?
2. Churchill and Stalin are led to the centre of the ring. The referee gives the go ahead and using only their necks a momentous battle ensues. After much spittle has hit the spectators, Stalin is forced to his four knees and Churchill declared the winner. What manner of combat have we just witnessed?
3. Taisto Miettinen and Kristiina Haapanen from Finland have been the world champions in this activity from 2009 to 2013. Kristiina does nothing more than hang around and never sees the course the right way up. What activity are they world champions in?
4. What is the custom among seasoned, championship toe wrestlers before a bout begins?
5. Ferret-legging is a competition consisting of keeping a pair of ferrets in your trousers for as long as possible. Contestants bind their trouser legs and tighten their belts to prevent the ferrets from escaping. Underwear is not allowed. What was the record set by Frank Bartlett in 2010?
6. Why was the "The World Bog Snorkelling Championship" in Wales cancelled in 2001?
7. Is chessboxing real, with a regulating body, the World Chessboxing Association?
8. Kudu-dung spitting is apparently popular enough to have an annual world championship. It began in 1994 in which country?
9. Anne Woods won the World Gurning Championship a record twenty-eight times. What is gurning?
10. How much money did the winner of the 2008 USA Rock-Paper-Scissors Championship in Las Vegas win?
Source: Author kino76
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.