Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. If you are checking your family tree and come across the word "boniface" in the occupation description of your great-great Uncle Norbert, what was his profession?
2. Next you see that the family tree mentions Uriah, your fourth cousin twice removed who is listed as a "puddler". What was cousin Uriah's profession?
3. Now you have found your maternal grandfather's name in an old newspaper. He is described as "the best sawbones in town". What was his occupation?
4. As you keep searching public records help you find that your great-grandmother had been the widow of a peruker when she wed your great-grandfather. What hairy job had her deceased husband done for a living?
5. When looking at old obituaries you find Ethelbert, your second cousin-in-law on your mother's side was a piscator and worked with what kind of animals?
6. While looking at old pictures with your grandmother, she shows you a photo of your great-aunt Hagatha. She tells you that Hagatha was the greatest dowser in the county. What did your great-aunt do for a living?
7. While reading old newspapers you see that your godfather was in jail 50 years ago, after a disagreement with a tipstaff. What professional person did your godfather have an argument with?
8. While you are looking at the family tree, you find that great-great-uncle Ferdinand was a noted wainwright back in the old country. What type of vehicle did a wainwright make?
9. While archiving on the Internet you notice that Hagatha, your sixth cousin twice removed was married off to a long line of aurifabers. By looking at the word
"aurifabers" can you figure out what metal her new family worked with?
10. Now that you are done exploring your ancestry and their occupations you decide to visit your father the greengrocer. Which of the following would you most likely see at your father's store?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.