Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "I have no pity for myself either. So let it be veronal. But I wish Hercule Poirot had never retired from work and come here to grow vegetable marrows."
2. "Oh, dear, it's quite true what Dr. Reilly said. How does one stop writing? If I could find a really good telling phrase... Like the one M. Poirot used. In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate... Something like that."
3. "The tear rose in Miss Marple's eyes. Succeeding pity, there came anger - anger against a heartless killer. And then, displacing both these emotions, there came a surge of triumph - the triumph some specialist might feel who has successfully reconstructed an extinct animal from a fragment of jawbone and a couple of teeth."
4. "'Nothing', I said sadly. 'They are two delightful women!' 'And neither of them is for you?' finished Poirot. 'Never mind. Console yourself, my friend. We may hunt together again, who knows? And then _____' "
5. "In my end is my beginning - that's what people are always saying. But what does it mean? And just where does my story begin? I must try and think..."
6. "'Which of 'em is she going to choose?' said Dermot Craddock. 'Don't you know?' said Miss Marple. 'No, I don't.' said Craddock. 'Do you?' 'Oh, yes, I think so,' said Miss Marple. And she twinkled at him."
7. "He said gently as he came towards her: 'Last time I had my hands on you, you felt like a bird - struggling to escape. You'll never escape now....' She said : 'I shall never want to escape.'"
8. "'Well,' said Miss Marple. 'Are you going to let her get away with it?' There was a pause, then Father brought down his fist with a crash on the table. 'No', he roared - 'No, by God I'm not!' Miss Marple nodded her head slowly and gravely. 'May God have mercy on her soul,' she said."
9. "And Mr. Burnaby said acutely: 'Well, it doesn't seem to have done her much good, poor lass.' But after a while they stopped talking about her and discussed instead who was going to win the Grand National. For, as Mr. Ferguson was saying at that minute in Luxor, it is not the past that matters but the future."
10. "We shall not hunt together again, my friend. Our first hunt was here - and our last ... They were good days, Yes, they have been good days..."
Source: Author deepakmr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.