Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Agatha Christie wrote her novels and short stories for more than 50 years. What was the year her first crime novel was released?
2. Agatha Christie's first novel introduced a character who solved the crime. Who was this person?
3. Agatha Christie's first crime novel had what title?
4. Hercule Poirot had a long and trusted friend, confederate and confidant who was an avid chronicler of a number of the little Belgian's cases. What was his name?
5. What was the title of the last novel featuring Hercule Poirot. This was the novel where Hercule Poirot dies.
6. Apart from leading figures, very few people appear in novels about different sleuths. One character did appear in a Poirot novel called "Cat Among the Pigeons", a Miss Marple novel called "At Bertram's Hotel", and a Tuppence and Tommy novel called "Postern of Fate". Who was this character?
7. Hercule Poirot and Miss Jane Marple met and collaborated in which novel?
8. Agatha Christie published many crime novels, but also published plays, poems, romantic novels and memoirs. Several of these were published under a different name. Which of the following is NOT a name used by Agatha Christie?
9. How many crime novels and short stories did Agatha Christie write?
10. Agatha Christie went on to write an autobiography (which was published in 1977) after her death in 1976. What was the last crime novel which was published prior to that date? (Agatha had written the novel some years before; it had not been published to that point.)
Source: Author DavidGordon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor MotherGoose
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.