Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What momentous event in his life started David Balfour on his journey to the House of Shaws and the beginning of his adventures?
2. On his way to the House of Shaws David comes across Jennet Clouston. What did she declare about that place?
3. How did David's Uncle Ebenezer try to kill him on the second night at the House of Shaws?
4. What is the name of the ship on to which David is taken and then kidnapped?
5. Which man is responsible for the death of the cabin-boy called Ransome?
6. Which of these details does Stevenson use to describe Alan Breck Stewart when he first appears on board the Covenant?
7. How many men do David and Alan have to fight against when they take on the ship's crew in the "Battle of the Roundhouse"?
8. Alan Breck is a member of the Appin Stewart clan. Which other clan does he see as the traditional enemy of his people?
9. For what reason would Alan Breck Stewart be hanged if he was caught by the English?
10. When David escapes from the shipwreck on to the islet of Earraid he lives a life of hunger, cold and damp for nearly five days.What fundamental mistake did he make?
11. What token did Alan Breck Stewart give David which would show the people of the Highlands that he was a friend?
12. What happens to the Red Fox of Glenure?
13. What does Alan Breck Stewart do whilst David is recovering his strength at the hideout of Cluny MacPherson?
14. How do Alan Breck Stewart and Robin Oig MacGregor (Rob Roy's son) decide to settle their quarrel?
15. How do Alan and David finally manage to cross the River Forth and escape from the pursuit in the Highlands?
Source: Author Philian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.