Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the title of Dorothy Sayers' first Peter Wimsey novel?
2. Several of the books feature Miss Climpson and her female detective agency. What is Peter's nickname for the outfit?
3. Which real-life Oxford college does Dorothy Sayers have Peter Wimsey attend in his student days?
4. What (this time fictional) Oxford college did Harriet Vane attend as a student?
5. Can you recall the title inherited by Peter's elder brother Gerald?
6. In which of the novels does Lord Peter get shot in the left shoulder - which causes him to hit his head, pass out, then wake up in the Charing Cross Hospital?
7. Most of the action in "Busman's Honeymoon" takes place in the cottage Peter buys for Harriet. Can you recall its name?
8. In which novel does Peter play cricket on behalf of the firm owned by a Mr. Pym?
9. There are no prizes for recalling the surname of Lord Peter's valet and faithful companion. (It is of course - Bunter!). However, can you remember his Christian name?
10. At the start of the fourth Wimsey novel "The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club", old Fentiman is found dead in an armchair. What is his military rank?
11. There is a cast of regular characters in the novels such as old Murbles the solicitor and the newspaper hack "Salcombe Hardy." Top of the list must be Charles the police inspector (who marries Peter's sister Mary). What is his surname?
12. In which of the books does Peter first meet Harriet Vane, the woman destined to become his wife?
13. In "The Nine Tailors" who (or what) are Dimity, Batty Thomas, and Tailor Paul?
14. One of the Wimsey novels has the alternative title "The Dawson Pedigree". Can you select the right one?
15. Which of the following is NOT a location found in "The Five Red Herrings"?
16. Of the following hobbies, which do we most associate with Bunter?
17. A character in the novel "Murder Must Advertise", can you name the young socialite who is bewitched by the mysterious Harlequin?
18. What is the name of the sleuth in Harriet Vane's own detective novels?
19. Lord Peter Wimsey has two very unusual middle names. One is "Bredon". Can you correctly choose the other?
20. "Thrones, Dominations" is a more recent addition to the Wimsey series of novels (the 12th), and is set after the events depicted in "Busman's Honeymoon". Left unfinished by Dorothy Sayers, which other crime author completed the novel?
Source: Author quizman777
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.