Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. To what does Ernest Hemingway bid 'farewell' in his World War I story of ambulance driver, Frederic Henry?
2. By what title do we better know Edmond Dantès, wrongfully arrested on his wedding day and eventually escaping the hellish island prison off the coast of France during the Bourbon Restoration?
3. A war nurse finds herself drawing on her wits and her knowledge of natural healing in order to care for her patients in which Diana Gabaldon novel?
4. British author Kazuo Ishiguro won a Booker prize in 1989 for "Remains of the Day". He was shortlisted again in 2005 for which novel that had a second wave of popularity when adapted for a movie of the same name, starring Keira Knightly?
5. Which novel features a clever, well meaning young lady who manipulates relationships among the people around her, all while eschewing romance herself?
6. According to Agatha Christie, what crime was perpetrated on Roger Ackroyd?
7. Ian McEwan is a well respected, British writer whose novels cover a vast array of topics. What is the title of his novel about two men who meet literally by accident when they try to save a boy who is stuck in the basket of a hot air balloon that has broken from its moorings?
8. Which Jane Austen novel features Catherine Morland as the protagonist who must battle against family misunderstandings and interference to win her right to wed the man of her choosing?
9. Which pair of star-crossed lovers come to a tragic end in a medieval Celtic tale that has been reinterpreted many times?
10. This novel tells the story of how, in 1935, a young girl from a well to do family interferes in her older sister's relationship with one of the household servants. The story seems headed for its logical conclusion during WWII but a massive twist comes at the very end.
Using the first letters of the previous nine answers, deduce the title of this 2001 novel by Ian McEwan, which was made into a successful movie in 2007.
Source: Author MikeMaster99
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.