Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which actor had a prominent role in both the BBC TV adaptation of "Pride and Prejudice" and the film of "Bridget Jones' Diary"?
2. In both books the protagonist (Lizzy in "Pride and Prejudice" and Bridget in "Bridget Jones' Diary") is distracted from the course of true love by the attentions of a dastardly suitor. For Bridget this is Daniel Cleaver - who is it for Lizzy?
3. Which quote is featured in both adaptations?
4. Lizzy meets Mr Darcy at a ball. Which episode in "Bridget Jones' Diary" corresponds with this?
5. Daniel lies to Bridget about the reason Mark Darcy hates him (he says Mark slept with his fiancee whereas it was actually Daniel who slept with Mark's wife). Why does Mr Darcy hate Lizzy's suitor so much?
6. Bridget's support system is her friends Jude, Sharon and Tom. Lizzy relies on two people for advice. What are their names?
7. Which of these personal characteristics do Bridget and Lizzy have in common?
8. Pemberley is the name of Mr Darcy's country estate. True or false: Bridget (in the film) works at 'Pemberley Press'?
9. The following actors were all in the "Bridget Jones' Diary" film. They have also starred in other adaptations of Austen works except for one: who is that one?
10. Which of these events does not take place in BOTH "Bridget Jones' Diary" and "Pride and Prejudice"?
Source: Author akatwasborn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor MotherGoose
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.