Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Meryl Streep's first movie role was in 1977 opposite Jane Fonda and Vanessa Redgrave. What was the name of the movie?
2. At the time of the filming of "The Deer Hunter" in 1978, Meryl was in a two year relationship with one of the actors, who played the role of Stan ("Stosh"), one of the young steelworkers. Who was this actor?
3. In 1979 Meryl won her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in "Kramer vs Kramer". What was her name in the movie?
4. Meryl won an Academy Award for Best Actress for her role of Zofia "Sophie" Zawistowski in "Sophie's Choice" (1982). What was the American poem by Emily
Dickinson that Sophie was fond of reading?
5. Meryl, as Karen Dinesen in "Out of Africa" (1985) entered into a marriage of convenience with whom?
6. In 1988 Meryl starred in an Australian production of a true story, "A Cry in the Dark", about a family that were camping in the outback and claimed that their
nine-week old baby girl had been abducted by a dingo (Australian wild dog). Which antipodean actor played the role of her husband Michael Chamberlain?
7. "Postcards from the Edge" (1990) was a comedy drama with Meryl (Suzanne Vale) as a reformed drug addict trying to get her acting career back on track. Who played the role of the paternalistic director Lowell Kolchek trying to assist her with this challenge?
8. In the 2008 movie "Mamma Mia!", Donna and The Dynamos performed at Sophie's bachelorette party. What ABBA song did the trio perform?
9. In the 2009 comedy drama "Julie & Julia", Julia Child (Meryl Streep) co-authored a cookbook and New Yorker Julie Powell (Amy Adams), who had an unpleasant job, but a passion for cooking, set up a blog and decided to cook every recipe in the cookbook in 365 days. What was the name of this cookbook?
10. Meryl Streep received her 17th Best Actress Oscar nomination for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher in the 2011 movie "The Iron Lady". Nicholas Farrell
played the role of which Member of Parliament (later assassinated) who befriended Margaret on her first day in the Commons?
Source: Author zambesi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor spanishliz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.