Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the song "Wouldn't It Be Loverly", performed by Audrey Hepburn and sung by Marni Nixon, dubbing Audrey, Fill in the Blanks: "All I want is a room somewhere. Far away from the cold night air. With one enormous chair. Oh, wouldn't it be loverly. Lots of _________
for me to ____. Lots of ____ makin' lots of ______."
2. Also from the song "Wouldn't It Be Loverly", fill in the blanks with the correct answer: "Someone's head restin' on ___ _______. Warm and tender as he can be. Who takes good care of me."
3. The song "I'm an Ordinary Man" is sung and performed by Rex Harrison. Fill in the blank with the correct answer: "I'm an ordinary man who desires nothing more than just __ ___________ chance to live exactly as he likes and do precisely what he wants."
4. Continuing with lyrics from the song "I'm an Ordinary Man", fill in the blank: "But let a woman in your life and your serenity is through. She'll redecorate your home from the cellar to the dome then go on to the enthralling fun of ______________ you."
5. Another fill in the blank from the song "I'm an Ordinary Man": "You want to talk of Keats or ______. She only wants to talk of love. You go to see a play or ballet and spend it searching for her glove."
6. Fill in the blank: "I'm a very gentle man. Even tempered and good-natured whom you never hear complain who has the milk of human kindness by the quart in every vein. A patient man am I down to my __________ the sort who never could ever would let an insulting remark escape his lips. A very gentle man."
7. Fill in the blank: "Let a woman in your life and you're plunging in a knife. Let the others of my sex tie the knot around their necks. I prefer a new edition of the _______ ___________ than to ever let a woman in my life."
8. Last fill in the blank for the song "I'm an Ordinary Man": "But let a woman in your life and your sabbatical is through. In a line that never ends come __ _______ of her friends come to jabber and to chatter and to tell her what the matter is with you."
9. In the song "With a Little Bit of Luck" performed by Stanley Holloway, fill in the blanks: "The Lord above gave man __ ____ ___ ______ so he could do his job and never shirk. The Lord above gave man __ ____ ___ ______, but..."
10. Fill in the blank: "The Lord above made __________ ____ __________ to see if man could turn away from sin. The Lord above made __________ ____ __________, but..."
11. Fill in the blank: "The gentle sex was made __________________ to share his nest and see his food is cooked. The gentle sex was made __________________ , but..."
12. Fill in the blank: "The Lord above made man ___________________ no matter where on land or sea or foam. The Lord above made man ___________________ , but..."
13. And the last fill in the blank from the song "With a Little Bit of Luck": "A man was made to help _____________________ which is the right and proper thing to do. A man was made to help _______________, but..."
14. The next few questions are from the song "Just You Wait", performed by Audrey Hepburn and sung by Marni Nixon. Fill in the blank: "Just you wait, 'Enry 'Iggins just you wait. You'll be sorry, but your _______ will be too late. You'll be broke and I'll have money will I help ya don't be funny. Just you wait 'Enry 'Iggins. Just you wait."
15. Fill in the blank: "Oooh, 'Enry 'Iggins. Just you wait until we're ___________ in the sea. Oooh, 'Enry 'Iggins. And you get a cramp
a little ways from me."
16. Fill in the blank: "One day, I'll be ________, I'll be proper and prim. Go to St. James so often I will call it St. Jim."
17. Fill in the blank: "Next week on the 20th of ________ I proclaim Liza Doolittle Day. All the people will celebrate the glory of you and whatever you wish and want I gladly will do."
18. The next few questions come from the song "The Rain in Spain" performed by Rex Harrison, Wilfrid Hyde-White, and Audrey Hepburn, and sung by the same people, except that Marni Nixon dubbed Audrey Hepburn. Fill in the blank on these opening lines for this song: "The rain in Spain...stays mainly...in the _______. Again. The rain in Spain stays mainly in the _______. I think she's got it. I think she's got it."
19. Fill in the blank: "In Hartford, Hereford, and Hampshire; ______________ hardly happen. How kind of you to let me come."
20. The next few questions are from lyrics to the song "I Could Have Danced All Night", performed by Audrey Hepburn and sung by Marni Nixon dubbing Audrey's voice. Fill in the blank on these opening lines: "Bed bed, I couldn't go to bed my head's too ________ to try to set it down. Sleep, sleep, I couldn't sleep tonight, not for all the jewels in the crown."
21. Fill in the blank: "I could have spread my wings and done ________________ things I've never done before. I'll never know what made it so exciting. Why all at once my heart took flight."
22. At this point in the song the servants begin to sing with Audrey (really Marni Nixon) about getting to bed. Fill in the blank: "It's after _______ now, don't you agree now? She ought to be in bed. She ought to be in bed."
23. Continuing with this part of the song where there is an interaction between Eliza and the servants, fill in the blank: "I could have danced all night. [You're tired out. You must be dead.] I could have danced all night. [Your face is worn. Your eyes are red.] And still have begged. [Now say good night, please. Turn out the light, please. It's really time for you to ___________.] For more."
24. And near the end of the song these lyrics between Mrs. Pearce and Eliza: "I understand, dear. It's all been _______, dear. But now it's time to sleep."
25. This question is based on the lyrics sung by the servants when they are feeling something like compassion for "Poor, Professor Higgins". Fill in the blank: "Poor Professor Higgins. Poor Professor Higgins. Night and day he slaves away. Oh, poor Professor Higgins. All day long, on his feet. Up and down until he's numb. Doesn't ______, doesn't eat. Doesn't touch a crumb."
Source: Author kirkyt1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.