Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. At the beginning of the movie, Eliza is trying to sell some flowers when it's starting to rain. What is the amount of money Eliza says she can change?
2. Fill in the blank with the correct answer to: Where does Professor Higgins say that Coronel Pickering is from? Cheltenham, Harrow, ______________, and India.
3. What job requires better English than a duchess at an Embassy Ball, according to Professor Higgins?
4. What was Colonel Pickering the author of?
5. What was Professor Henry Higgins the author of?
6. Which hotel was Colonel Pickering supposed to be staying at while visiting London?
7. Professor Higgins' address was mentioned a few times during the movie, what was it?
8. How much does Professor Higgins end up giving Alfred Doolittle, "one of the most original moralists in England"?
9. Professor Higgins tells Colonel Pickering during the visit by Alfred Doolittle that if they took him in hand in 3 months he could choose between a seat in the cabinet or a popular pulpit. Where was the popular pulpit in?
10. Who does Professor Higgins tell Mrs. Pearce to write to to say "that if he wants a lecturer, to get in touch with Mr. Alfred P. Doolittle,a common dustman, but one of the most original moralists in England."?
11. Which group, according to Professor Higgins, when they learn English, have a tendency to not only drop the letter G but use it where it doesn't belong?
12. What was Eliza trying to say with all the marbles in her mouth?
13. While Eliza is trying to say the phrase with the marbles in her mouth, Colonel Pickering asks Higgins if it's really necessary. Higgins answers that if they were necessary for ______________, then they're necessary for Eliza. For whom were they necessary? Fill in the blank with the correct answer.
14. Around what time does Eliza finally 'get it' and they all start singing "The Rain In Spain"?
15. Professor Higgins asks "Where does one buy a lady's gown?" They need to get Eliza a gown because they're going to the Ascot Races. Where do they say you can get a lady's gown?
16. Professor Higgins' mother greets him at the Ascot Races and later says hello to Mrs. Eynsford-Hill and another couple. What was the proper name of the couple (Lord and Lady ____________)?
17. Which family relative of Eliza died of influenza, according to her conversation at the Ascot Races?
18. How much time did Professor Higgins have between the Ascot Races and the Embassy Ball to finish training Eliza?
19. Yes or No: Did Professor Higgins end up drinking a glass of port before they went to the Embassy Ball?
20. What was the name of the phonetics guru that was once a pupil of Professor Higgins?
21. Where was the Queen at the Embassy Ball from?
22. According to Professor Higgins' former pupil, Zoltan, what is the Greek Ambassador really?
23. What are the names of the couple who are introduced before Colonel Pickering and Eliza Doolittle?
24. What was name of the Prince (the Queen's son) that dances with Eliza first?
25. What are the last words that Rex Harrison, who played Professor Higgins, says to Eliza when she comes back?
Source: Author kirkyt1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.