Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "She's so _____ low. So horribly dirty."
2. "Eliza, you are to stay here for the next six months learning to speak beautifully, like a lady in a florist's shop. At the end of six months you will be taken to an embassy ball in a _____, beautifully dressed. If the king finds out you are not a lady, you will be taken to the Tower of London, where your head will be cut off as a warning to other presumptuous flower girls! If you are not found out, you shall be given a present of... uh... seven and six to start life with in a lady's shop. If you refuse this offer, you will be the most ungrateful, wicked girl, and the angels will weep for you."
3. "It's the new _____. You do it so awfully well."
4. "Why _____ a woman be more like a man?"
5. "I ain't done nothin' wrong by speaking to the gentleman. I've a right to sell flowers if I keep off the kerb. I'm a respectable girl: _____, I never spoke to him 'cept so far as to buy a flower off me."
6. "I ain't dirty! I _____ my face and hands before I come, I did."
7. "She's an owl, sickened by a few days of my _____."
8. "Have you NO morals, man?" "Nah. Can't afford none. Neither could you, if you were as _____ as me."
9. "I know your head aches; I know you're tired; I know your nerves are as raw as meat in a butcher's _____. But think what you're trying to accomplish. Think what you're dealing with. The majesty and grandeur of the English language, it's the greatest possession we have. The noblest thoughts that ever flowed through the hearts of men are contained in its extraordinary, imaginative, and musical mixtures of sounds. And that's what you've set yourself out to conquer, Eliza. And conquer it you will."
10. "You won my bet? Why you presumptuous little _____, I won it."
11. "Every night before you go to _____, where you used to say your prayers, I want you to say, 'The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain' fifty times. You get much further with the Lord if you learn not to offend his ears."
12. "I sold flowers; I didn't sell myself. Now you've made a lady of me, I'm not _____ to sell anything else."
13. "Women are irrational, that's all there is to that! Their heads are full of cotton, hay, and rags. They're nothing but exasperating, irritating, vacillating, calculating, _____, maddening and infuriating hags!"
14. "_____! What a disagreeable surprise."
15. "Are you a man of _____ where women are concerned?" "Have you ever met a man of _____ where women are concerned?"
16. "Higgins, at a _____ like this, it's positively indecent that you don't need a glass of port."
17. "The old bloke died and left me four thousand pounds a year in his bloomin' will. Who asked him to make a gentleman out of me? I was happy. I was free. I touched pretty nigh everyone for money when I wanted it, same as I touched him. _____, I'm tied neck and heels, and everybody touches me. A year ago, I hadn't a relation in the world except one or two who wouldn't speak to me. Now, I've fifty, and not a decent week's wages amongst the lot of 'em. Oh, I have to live for others now, not for myself. Middle-class morality."
18. "The _____ between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated."
19. "However did you learn good manners with my son around?" "It was very difficult. I should never have _____ how ladies and gentlemen really behaved, if it hadn't been for Colonel Pickering. He always showed what he thought and felt about me as if I were something better than a common flower girl."
20. "The question is not whether I've treated you rudely but whether you've ever _____ me treat anyone else better."
21. "May I ask, have you complained of your treatment here?" "No." "Has anyone behaved badly? Colonel Pickering, Mrs. Pearce?" "No." "You certainly don't pretend that I have treated you _____?" "No."
22. "You impudent _____!"
23. "And what things does she want? Her bird cage and her Chinese fan. But she says, '_____ about sending any clothes.'"
24. "I always _____ she had a career in front of 'er."
25. "No, she's no relation, no. What? Well, just let's call her a 'good friend,' shall we? I beg your pardon! Listen to me, my man, I don't like the tenure of that question - what we do with her is our _____ - your _____ is bringing her back so we can continue doing it!"
Source: Author Jacifan
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rj211
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.