Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "In the quiet silent seconds I turned off the light switch
And I came down to meet you in the half light the moon left
While a cluster of night jars sang some songs out of tune
A mantle of bright light shone down from a room"
2. "Yeah I looked at my watch and it said a quarter to five
The headlines screamed that i was still alive
I couldn't understand it
I thought I died last night"
3. "I'm not a rat to be spat on locked up in this room
Those bars that look towards the sun at night look towards the moon
Everyday the swallows play in the clouds of love
Make me wish that I had wings take me high above"
4. "There's a fly in the window
A dog in the yard
And a year since i saw you
There's a trunk in the corner
I keep all my letters
My bills and demands i keep too"
5. "I got frostbitten in the winter
Ice skating on the river
With my pretty little black-eyed girl
She'd make your darn toes curl just to see her"
6. "Hello, baby hello
Haven't seen your face for a while
Have you quit doing time for me
Or are you still the same spoiled child"
7. "I took myself a blue canoe
And i floated like a leaf
In my merlin sleep"
8. ""an extremely quiet child" they called you in your school reports
"he's always taken interest in the subjects that he's taught"
So what was it that brought the squad car screaming up your drive
To notify your parents of the manner in which you died"
9. "Peering out of tiny eyes
The grubby hands that gripped the rail
Wiped the window clean of frost
As the morning air laid on the latch"
10. "Like a corn in a field I cut you down
I threw the last punch too hard
After years of going steady, well I thought that it was time
To throw in my hand for a new set of cards"
Source: Author stucress
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Dalgleish
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.