Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Long story short, I loved someone but she didn't love me, which destroyed me. We have all been there, right? That moment when you can't think of anything else but the person you like (or the person you're in love with). This is the message I get from Coldplay's song "The Scientist".
Which iconic phrase does Chris Martin, vocalist of Coldplay, say when the chorus of the song starts?
2. For me, the hardest thing about being in love is thinking about that person and realizing you will never be with him/her. "Here Without You", by 3 Doors Down, talks about how the singer feels without that special person.
Which of these lines goes after the lyrics "I'm here without you baby..."
3. There's a moment when all you can feel is numbness, you can't actually feel anything, and after you have changed everything in you for another person to like you, not being able to be yourself really hurts! "Numb" by Linkin Park follows this thought.
Which sentence follows "I've become so numb" at the chorus of the song?
4. Moving on doesn't mean forgetting. It means that the fact of not being with someone you love bothers you/hurts you every time less than before. But before that comes another hard stage of love. It is very hard for most men (like it was for me) to tell a girl you're in love with her; it is simply difficult to find a way to tell her. "I Miss You", by Blink-182, talks about how the vocalist wants to be with that person and he well, misses her!
Vocalist Tom DeLonge says "don't waste your time on me, you're already...". How does that sentence end'
5. Unrequited love is one of the most horrible feelings in the world, but we need to be strong enough to get past it. One of my all-time favorite songs is Coldplay's "Fix You". It is an emotional song with encouraging lyrics.
How is the line "When you love someone..." completed?
6. When you're in love, you spend each and every hour of your time thinking about whoever you're in love with. "You and Me", by Lifehouse, is a rather simple song, which expresses what most people feel when they're in love.
How is the chorus of the song completed? "And it's you and me, and all of the people and I don't know why..."
7. Breaking up is always hard. Fortunately or unfortunately, as you wish to see it, I did not get to that stage in my personal experience, I never actually started that relationship. "All We Are", by OneRepublic, is a great song about a possible break-up between two persons, but how they still love each other.
How is the chorus completed? "We won't say our goodbyes, you know it's better that way, we won't break, we won't die..."
8. When someone breaks your heart, it is absolutely natural to be depressed, and extremely sad. I cried until I had no tears left, and while it is very painful, it is necessary so you can heal. Being depressed is not bad, as long as you know when it's enough. One of the best songs I've ever heard is also one of the most depressing ones. "9 Crimes", by Damien Rice, deals with the story of a couple who cheat on their partners, and can't be together.
What does Rice ask in the chorus? "Is that alright yeah,..."
9. OneRepublic became known to the world with their song "Apologize". The song, as the chorus describes, is about when "it's too late to apologize". It is a man telling a woman that she has inflicted a lot of damage and now she wants him back, he is not willing to return.
At the very start of the song, Ryan Tedder sings: "You tell me that you need me..." What goes after that?
10. Heartbreaks are tough blows in life, but we must learn to get over it. I know, it sounds easier said than done, I didn't believe my friends when they told me it would be ok, but it turned out to be good. It only needs time to heal. "Breakeven" by The Script talks about exactly how hard breakups are.
So Danny O'Donoghue wisely asks in the chorus of his song: "What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you, and what am I supposed to say when..." Which sentence completes the verse?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.