Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Are you sitting comfortably? Good, then let's begin. How are you feeling? Plenty of musicians feel the same way--Muse, Pussycat Dolls, Michael Buble, Ed Sheeran and possibly most famously of all Nina Simone. How are they feeling?
2. In 1988, The Wedding Present recorded a cover version of The Beatles' "Getting Better". The song formed part of an album that commemorated the 21st anniversary of the release of which legendary album?
3. The Queens of the Stone Age found themselves in trouble with several stations who refused to play their song and WalMart who refused to stock it. Both considered it to be glorifying the use of drugs. QotSA considered it somewhat differently and gave it what rather modest title?
4. Much of the success of the rock band Queen came from the songwriting team of lead guitarist Brian May and singer Freddie Mercury. However, one of their early hits came with a song written for his wife by bass player John Deacon. Which song was the follow-up to the massive hit "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
5. Feeling good is good for business. Or so can be inferred from the success of the Gorillaz hit, "Feel Good Inc." Gorillaz themselves have been quite a money-spinner too, beginning as a side project for which singer from the band Blur?
6. U2 put their soft drink preferences out there for public consumption in 1991. Though they were were fans of Coca-Cola they had found something that they liked even more and felt they had to commemorate it in song. What was the name of their hit from the album "Achtung Baby"?
7. This band, born from the ashes of the English band, The Beat, knew a "Good Thing" when they saw it. The inclusion of their song on the soundtrack to the hit movie "Tin Men" helped them have their second consecutive number one hit in America. Who were they?
8. Hitting the top ten in both the UK and Australia and the top twenty in the US made the "Best of You" the best of this band upon its release. Furthermore, it also garnered a Grammy nomination for which band, formed by Nirvana's former drummer?
9. Dinosaur Jr's version of "I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better" added a grunge sensibility to a folk rock standard. The song appeared as part of the 1989 album "Time Between", a tribute to which band, who originally recorded the song?
10. I thought I'd save "The Best" 'til last. Which 60s rocker achieved a huge worldwide hit with the song that has been used at sports stadia around the world ever since?
Source: Author Snowman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.