Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where was the Grateful Dead's first show in Europe played?
2. In August of 1971 the band played a benefit concert at the Terminal Island Correctional Facility in San Pedro, California. Who was the benefit for?
3. Relix Magazine debuted as "Dead Relix" in what year?
4. The year 1970 saw the Grateful Dead play more shows in one year than ever before or since. How many shows did the band play that year?
5. During the Europe '72 tour the Dead played one free show. Where was that show?
6. Where was Pigpen's last show with the Grateful Dead?
7. Janis Joplin and Pigpen shared the same "drink of choice". What was that drink.
8. When the Dead was busted by the New Orleans PD in 1970 they were forced to cancel a show scheduled for that evening.
9. Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter were a prolific writing team. Who is Bob Weir's main writing partner?
10. What year did Winterland Arena close?
11. On October 20, 1974 the Dead played a "farewell concert" at Winterland before taking a 20 month break. What was the last song played?
12. During their hiatus the Grateful Dead only played four times in public (all in 1975). Which of the following venues was NOT played in '75?
13. In June of 1976 the Dead returned. Where was the first show?
14. What was the first song played in the return?
15. Bobby Hi-Test and the Octane Kids, a Dead cover band in the 70's, produced which future member of the Grateful Dead?
16. What year was "The Grateful Dead Movie" released?
17. On November 11, 1978 the Dead made their first appearance on "Saturday Night Live." Which of the following songs did they NOT play that night?
18. During the 70's members of the Grateful Dead began to spread their wings and start projects outside the band. In which of the following bands did Jerry Garcia NOT play in the 1970's?
19. Match the 1970's project with the corresponding member of the Dead. Whose project was "Seastones"?
20. Whose project was "Rolling Thunder"?
Source: Author ashlybug
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ltc717
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.