Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In a 1996 "Guitar World" interview, Eddie Van Halen talked with Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins. In that interview, Billy disclosed to Eddie what his favorite Van Halen album is. Name the album.
2. What Van Halen song appears in the movie "Over the Edge", starring a very young Matt Dillon?
3. In 1967, the parents of Eddie and Alex migrated to what town in California?
4. How old was David Lee Roth when the band released their debut album?
5. In 1977, Van Halen recorded twenty-five songs during a demo session, including most of the songs from their debut, although not all. Which song from the debut album was NOT recorded during the demo session?
6. One of Sammy Hagar's solo songs was written for the 1995 album "Balance". However, the band did not record the song, and Hagar instead released the song as a solo recording. What's the song?
7. Sammy Hagar wrote some lyrics entitled "The Silent Extreme". Eddie hated the lyrics, and had Hagar come up with new lines for the music he had written. What Van Halen song features the replacement lyrics that Hagar wrote?
8. In 1996, Van Halen recorded three songs for the "Twister" soundtrack. The first two are "Humans Being" and "Respect the Wind". A third song was recorded but went unreleased. What's that song's name?
9. In a scene in the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", some characters buy two Van Halen tickets. According to the movie's dialogue, what was the face value per ticket (in dollars) to see Van Halen?
10. What unreleased Van Halen song was recorded twice, once for the 1977 demos and once for "Diver Down"?
Source: Author berenlazarus
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.