Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Apolitical Blues" appears on which album?
2. Of the following, which album had the fewest singles released in the US?
3. On one of the songs from "OU812", Eddie used a Fender Statocaster with lots of reverb and Sammy Hagar played additional guitar. What's the song?
4. Jan Van Halen, the father of Eddie and Alex, plays clarinet on what Roth era album?
5. Which album features a brief instrumental officially untitled, but known as "Growth" or "Tank"?
6. Eddie recorded a brief instrumental song that he only used a synthesizer to create. The song in question was originally over thirty minutes long, and cut down to just over a minute. You can identify what song I am talking about by this information: this is the only instrumental by the band that only features synthesizers. What album does this instrumental song appear on?
7. In 1997, Sammy Hagar released his first solo album, "Marching to Mars", since his split from Van Halen in 1996. One of the songs featured on the record Hagar had written in the early 1990s and performed live with Van Halen in concert, but the band never officially released the song. Name the song.
8. Between 1978 and 1995, Van Halen has released four guitar instrumentals on four different albums. What was the last of the guitar instrumentals released by the band from that timespan?
9. Van Halen recorded a song entitled "Last Night" for possible inclusion for the 1978 "Van Halen" album. The band did not use the song until 1982's album "Diver Down", which used the same instrumental recording but had different vocals. Name the song.
10. What was Van Halen's first album to include keyboards?
Source: Author berenlazarus
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ralzzz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.