Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. John Lennon recorded a second experimental album with Yoko Ono at Cambridge University in March 1969 and London's Queen Charlotte Hospital in 1968. What was the title of this record, which documents their lives together and includes vocals/wailing, guitar feedback and heartbeats?
2. Like many rock musicians, Lennon suffered from drug abuse at times during his life. Which song, released as his second single under the Plastic Ono Band name, details the withdrawal symptoms from drug addiction?
3. Lennon's solo recordings reflect his search for meaning, particularly given his hectic life in The Beatles. Which song, from his first solo album "John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band" shows a critical awareness of 'superficial' values in the lyric "Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV, and you think you're so clever and classless and free"?
4. Appearing on the "Imagine" album, this song is considered as one of the best in the Lennon catalogue, being covered by many artists. Roxy Music's single version topped the UK charts in 1981. Can you name this enduring song?
5. This single was released in 1971 under the name, John and Yoko/Plastic Ono Band with the Harlem Community Choir. While not initially successful, what is the name of this song that combined Christmas/New Year wishes with a desire for world peace ?
6. From his 1973 "Mind Games" album, this haunting love ballad builds from acoustic guitar to creative steel guitar and choir. Which song contains the line "Anyway it had to be two minds, one destiny"?
7. A second single was released from Lennon's "Walls and Bridges" album in 1974. The title of the song includes Lennon's favorite number. Can you identify the song?
8. Little Richard, one of John's favorite rock singers, originally released this song in 1956 as the b-side to "Long Tall Sally". What thumping song did Lennon recorded with a heavy brass accompaniment for the 1975 "Rock 'n' Roll" album?
9. Released as the third single from "Double Fantasy" in 1981, this song reflects Lennon's 'break' in 1975-80 from the music industry. Which song contains the lyrics "When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall, Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball"?
10. The first single recorded, but not completed before Lennon's death, was released in 1984. It was originally written for Ringo Starr and includes lyrical opposites such as "...everybody's talking, but no-one says a word". What is this song that reached number five in the US and number ten in the UK charts?
Source: Author redwaldo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.