Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. 10cc had a number one hit with "Dreadlock Holiday" in 1978. Apart from not liking, but loving reggae and Jamaica, which popular sport do they also not like, but love?
2. Which ticky-tacky 1962 Malvina Reynolds song do the following lyrics come from?
"And they all play on the golf course
And drink their martinis dry
And they all have pretty children
And the children go to school"
3. John Mellencamp sings a song in 1982 about "two American kids growing up in the heart land", one of which is going to be a football star. What is the name of this song?
4. In 1982 The Brat entered the UK charts with "Chalk Dust (The Umpire Strikes Back)". It is a parody song about which US tennis player, famous for his temper tantrums?
5. From which 1985 Bruce Springsteen album is the song "Glory Days" where in he sings "I had a friend was a big baseball player, back in high school /He could throw that speedball by you, Make you look like a fool boy"?
6. Johnny Wakelin and the Kinshasa Band were such great fans of a special sporting event which took place on October 30th 1974, that they wrote two different songs about it. The first was "Black Superman (Muhammad Ali)"(1975) and the second "In Zaire"(1976). What was this event called?
7. Famous for his role on the 70s-80s sitcom "Taxi", actor and comedian Andy Kaufman is mentioned taking part in which sport in R.E.M.'s 1992 song "Man on the Moon"?
8. Billy Joel's song "We Didn't Start the Fire" is rife with sports references, eight in total, but only two sports are represented. Can you name them?
9. "Bicycle Race" and "Fat Bottomed Girls" which contains the lyrics "Get on your bikes and ride!" were released on the album Jazz in 1978 by which regal sounding band?
10. Which appropriately named band was responsible for the 1962 hit song "Surfin' Safari"?
Source: Author kino76
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.