Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The late great Warren Zevon sang about a goon named Buddy. It was released as "The Hockey Song". What is its more popular title?
2. What Guns 'n' Roses song is ubiquitous at the start of many hockey games? It might be played before or after the national anthem.
3. What Leadbelly classic, as performed by Ram Jam, has been banned at college hockey games?
4. Another favorite singer, gone far too soon, is Stan Rogers. Stan sang songs about being Canadian. A good friend introduced me to this gem I had missed. Which Stan Rogers song is about a hockey player and coach?
5. This is more of a kids hockey group, though they do play live at rinks. You'll find their name someplace at the rink.
6. Time for your chance to be on the Jumbotron. What 80's disco hit is playing?
7. I've never heard this quirky song by Opus outside the rink. I'll give you a hint "All together now Nanananana". Which song is it?
8. John Ondrasik took his stage name from a penalty call. Which one?
9. Time for another classic to get you up and dancing. And on the JumboTron?
10. For many years, the Boston Bruins used this amped up version of a classic ballet piece as their theme music. Name it?
11. For the TV fans, which show had its theme music replaced in 2008 after a licensing dispute?
12. What pop ballad about breaking up is used to taunt the visiting team, especially if they lost?
13. The Arrogant Worms are a Canadian group that has a number of humorous songs including one about hockey. What is its name?
14. Kathleen Edwards is another favorite Canadian singer songwriter. She has a song with a hockey theme. She is playing defense in which song?
15. What is another heavy metal anthem that gets too much play at the hockey rink?
Source: Author cheryli
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ertrum
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.