Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Elvis Presley song was used by Arsenal Football Club as their 'theme' music?
2. Some regarded it as a fab sound. Which music was played as Aston Villa took to the pitch for their home games?
3. At Ewood Park, the home of Blackburn Rovers FC, the fans had a wide range of chants, many of them abusive of one other club in particular. Which club?
4. The English soccer team Bolton Wanderers liked to run out for their home games to the theme music from a WW2 movie. Which movie?
5. It was banned from the musical playlists at some English football grounds, but remained popular at Stamford Bridge. Which song was played as Chelsea ran out for their home games?
6. Everton FC took a notion to run out for home games to music associated with a TV show. Which TV show?
7. As you might expect from London's oldest football club, Fulham FC had a bit of style about their music. Which piece was played as the teams emerged for games at Craven Cottage?
8. Hull City got on their marks and set for their first season in the FA Premiership in August 2008. Which piece of music was their theme?
9. There can be few football fans who do not know that 'You'll Never Walk Alone' was the theme song for Liverpool FC. But who wrote the song?
10. It was every football club's dream to do well in the Premiership, but which song did Manchester City use as a theme?
11. Manchester United chose a song by a band from the city to play as the team emerged for games at Old Trafford. Which band?
12. An instrumental piece by punk band provided the music for Middlesbrough FC to come onto the pitch for their home games. What was the name of the record?
13. A traditional Geordie tune was used by Newcastle United FC as player ran out onto the pitch. What was it called?
14. For hundreds of years the city of Portsmouth was associated with the sea and has had a football club since 1898. Which musician known chiefly for his instrumental works provided the tune that ushered players onto the pitch at their home games?
15. Unusually for a club in the top flight of English football, Stoke City had a theme song with a distinctly football orientation. What was it called?
16. Sunderland FC was another of the English Premier League Club that had a piece of classical music as its signature tune. What was it called?
17. 'Glory, Glory Tottenham Hotspur', it won't be difficult to guess, was the theme song of the North London football side Tottenham Hotspur. But what was the well known melody to which the words were sung?
18. Being passionate about any football club could induce many sleepless nights as fortunes changed so 'Insomnia' was probably an apt song for managers players and supporters of West Bromich Albion. Who recorded the song?
19. Which of these songs was the signature tune for the east London football club West Ham United?
20. The music associated with Wigan Athletic Football Club and played when they took the field for home games was 'The Battle', by Hans Zimmer. On which movie soundtrack did it appear?
Source: Author darksplash
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.