Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Madonna's first number one US Billboard Hot 100 single was a track off of an album of the same name. What song was her first number one?
2. "Crazy For You" was Madonna's second number one US Billboard Hot 100 charting song and was the first single released from the soundtrack of a coming of age drama about a high school wrestler played by actor Matthew Modine. What movie was soundtrack from?
3. "Live To Tell" was the first of three US Billboard Hot 100 number one songs off of the "True Blue" album released in 1986. The song was used in the film "At Close Range" starring what actor who was her husband at the time?
4. "Papa Don't Preach" went to number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 but not without issue. Who did Madonna dedicate the song to that stirred up controversy in 1987?
5. "Open Your Heart" was the final US Billboard Hot 100 number one song released from the "True Blue" album spending one week at the top, the week of February 7, 1987. What New Jersey band took over the number one spot the following week?
6. "Who's That Girl" was the first US Billboard Hot 100 number one Madonna song to use what foreign language in its lyrics?
7. In 1989, "Like A Prayer" went to number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 but was used prior to the release of its music video for a commercial advertising what popular product?
8. Which of the following songs became Madonna's first US Billboard Hot 100 number one single of the 1990s?
9. "Justify My Love" was originally written by Ingrid Chavez and what popular "American Woman" singer who she eventually sued because she was not credited for her work?
10. What Madonna US Billboard Hot 100 number one song was popularized after its release in a movie that Madonna herself acted in and contains the famous line "there's no crying in baseball"?
Source: Author apathy100
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.