Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In "The Motorcycle Song", what words does Arlo Guthrie rhyme with "motor-sickle"?
2. On Friday, August 15, 1969 Arlo sealed a place in music history when he appeared on the first day of the Woodstock Festival. Which of these was NOT part of his six song set?
3. Guthrie performed "Stealin'" in the 1971 film "Two-Lane Blacktop".
4. Arlo included one of his father's best known songs on his "Running Down the Road" album. Which song written by Woody was named the official song of his home state in 2001?
5. Arlo Guthrie has had only one Top 40 single in the US. What was it?
6. On his 1968 live album "Arlo", Guthrie introduces the song "Try Me One More Time" as "an old Lyndon Johnson campaign song". Actually, it was an early country hit by what singer known as 'The Texas Troubador'?
7. Arlo was first introduced to the show business world when his father, Woody, recorded a song named for his young son.
8. Arlo's 1968 Christmas song "The Pause of Mr. Clause" appeared on the live album. "Arlo" Typically he began the song with a spoken introduction, "This next song we're going to dedicate to a great American organization. Tonight I'd like to dedicate this to our boys in" which government agency?
9. Arlo recorded all of these songs. Which was NOT written by his father, Woody?
10. One of Arlo's songs was chosen to be the official folk song of his adopted state. What song was selected by the state's legislature?
Source: Author wilbill
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.