Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What a great day to be on the road! Those guys on the Harley that just passed us are enjoying it. I can hear them singing above the roar of the exhaust:
"I like smoke and lightning, heavy metal thunder
Racing in the wind, and the feeling that I'm under."
What is the name of that song?
2. You may be new to this 'road trip' thing but who was the original "Travelin' Man"?
3. I thought someone was following us but she turned off onto the "Freeway of Love." Who is she?
4. Oh wow, man, look at that groovy VW Microbus! Who are those dudes who are "Rockin' Down The Highway" with us?
5. We need to stop and get some tucker, mate (How did we get to Australia?). But where? Let's ask that trucker over there. He looks like he's been everywhere. Who has been to:
"Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake
Grand Lake, Devil's Lake, Crater Lake, for pete's sake"?
6. Did you see the big old Gibson guitar in that convertible we just passed? It looks like something a slide player would use. The woman driving is singing. It sounds like...
"Spilling down the highway, leave a little drop of me
In each and every city, where I stop to drop you to your knees."
I wonder who she is?
7. One of those guys in that old Plymouth we just passed was yelling about driving past a grocery store. What was it that he was yelling?
"Roadrunner, roadrunner, going faster miles an hour
Gonna drive past the Stop 'n' Shop, with the radio on."
Who are those guys?
8. Maybe we should stop for more food. That guy over there found a place to eat. Who sang:
"I was travelin' down the road, feelin' hungry and cold
I saw a sign sayin' food and drinks for everyone
So naturally I thought I would take me a look inside"?
9. Hey, who's that over there in the old American hot rod? That thing is huge!
"Riding in the back, oozing down the street
Waving to the girls, peeling out of sight
Spendin' all my money on a Saturday night."
10. Uh oh, are we lost? Get out the GPS. That sign over there said "St. Louie, Joplin Missouri, Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Gallup New Mexico, Flagstaff Arizona." Where on earth is Winona? What route are we on?
Source: Author CmdrK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.