Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. At what time of the year does the action in the song "Spotted Cow" take place?
2. From the opening of "Rosebud in June", the "small birds are singing love songs on each spray". What flowers are in full bloom?
3. There is one instrumental track on the album, which consists of a pair of jigs. One of them is named "Tansey's Fancy"; what is the other one called?
4. What is the trade of Willie, in the traditional song "Sheep-crook and Black Dog"?
5. According to the album cover, what is the subtitle of "The Royal Forester"?
6. The ballad "King Henry" is another traditional song found in the collection known as "The Child Ballads" after the compiler Francis Child. Which of the following is NOT one of the requirements for a man who went a wooing, or as the lyrics have it "a wooing wend"?
7. The words of "Gaudete" are in which language?
8. How is "John Barleycorn" known at the end of the song?
9. In the "Saucy Sailor", the title character proposes to a woman. Which is NOT one of the reasons she gives for the rejection?
10. It has already been noted that the song "Gaudete" is not in English. What does the title mean when it is translated to English?
Source: Author paper_aero
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.