Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of the Super Furry Animals' 1996 singles achieved notoriety for having a very rude title, with a certain swear word being repeated over 50 times. It mainly focused around a sample from a song by another band. What song did it sample?
2. Which member of the Super Furry Animals used to be in fellow Welsh band Catatonia?
3. 'Hermann Loves Pauline' was another single from Super Furry Animals' second album 'Radiator'. Who were Hermann and Pauline?
4. What type of percussion instrument did keyboardist Cian Ciaran play on 'Northern Lites'?
5. In 2000, Super Furry Animals released an album entirely in Welsh. What was the name of the album?
6. The band's fifth album, 'Rings Around the World', featured Paul McCartney on 'Receptacle for the Respectable'. What 'instrument' did he play?
7. What was the first single to be released from the band's sixth album, 'Phantom Power'?
8. What was the name of the side project that Super Furry Animals frontman Gruff Rhys formed with American producer Boom Bip?
9. Dafydd Ieuan formed a supergroup of sorts called The Peth in 2008. One of the members was bandmate Guto Pryce, but which Welsh actor - a long-time friend of the band and a former Super Furry Animal himself - was also a member?
10. True or false: Super Furry Animals had an entry in the Guinness Book of Records for the EP with the longest title.
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.