Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Dot Richardson was a two-time gold medalist for the USA in women's softball. What college did she attend?
2. One of my favorite fictional characters named Dorothy was Dorothy Zbornak from The Golden Girls. She was a divorced substitute teacher who lived in Miami with her two roommates, Rose and Blanche, plus her mother, Sophia. One episode featured Dorothy singing to an audience of mostly men. What was the name of the bar Dorothy sang at?
3. This next "Dorothy" is known for her haircut as much as her ice skating. In 1976, Dorothy Hamil won the Gold Medal at the Winter Olympics in Austria. How old was Dorothy when she began ice skating?
4. From the 1960s to the early 1980s, Dottie West was a well-known country music artist. She was the first female country music artist to win a Grammy. What song earned her that Grammy?
5. "Dorothy" was the real name of a character from "The Facts of Life". Dorothy or Tootie as she was called, was played by Kim Fields. Skating indoors and wearing braces while she was younger were a couple of things Tootie was known for. But she also had a catchphrase as well. What was it?
6. Women's professional golf has had their own Dottie: Dottie (Mochrie) Pepper. Who did she beat to win her first LGPA Tour victory?
7. Some Dots, Dotties, or Dorothys even come animated. Such is the case of Dot Warner, from the Animaniacs cartoon series. Dot hung around with her two brothers. What were their names?
8. Dottie Rambo was a well-known Gospel singer and recorded many songs and albums.What was the name of the album that earned her a Grammy for best gospel album in 1968?
9. One of the most famous fictional "Dorothys" was a young girl named Dorothy Gale who lived with her Auntie Em and Uncle Henry on a farm in Kansas. Dorothy had a dog named Toto, who was Dorothy's only companion. Who was the woman who tried to take Toto away from Dorothy?
10. "A League of Their Own" starred Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Lori Petty, Madonna, and Rosie O'Donnell. Geena Davis played the role of Dottie Hinson, the star player for the Rockford Peaches, a women's professional baseball team. What position did Dottie Hinson play?
Source: Author Dotsnoopyfan
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.