Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In Harry's basement he had been working away for a long time on his new invention- the Word Wide Web. For a long time he had been hoping to develop something similar for the computer, and he was very happy he finally got it finished. But, alas, the World Wide Web had already been invented! The inventor's name was Sir Tim Berners-Lee. What nationality was he?
2. Harry felt quite lonely while working in his basement, so he decided to invent a way to communicate with his friends and family. However, his idea had already been invented by Alexander Graham Bell. What was this invention?
3. Harry's next invention was another item used daily- the battery. But, the battery had already been invented by another man. What was his name?
4. In Harry's basement it got very hot, so he decided to invent a way to cool the room down. He decided to invent the air conditioner. However, in 1902, the first air conditioner had already been invented! Who was the American who invented it?
5. Harry loved music, so he decided to invent a new musical instrument. He decided to invent an electric guitar. Although ideas for the electric guitar had gone back a long way, the first electrically amplified guitar was invented by which man, who also helped in the invention of the electric bass guitar and electric violin?
6. Harry was sick of people barging in on his work in the basement (obviously his "please knock" sign wasn't working), so he decided to create a way for people to let him know they were entering. His result- the doorbell. But the electric doorbell had been invented before- by Joseph Henry. What nationality was he?
7. Continuing on with his love of music, Harry created a way of playing music out loud - the phonograph. But, it had already been invented - by one of the world's most prolific inventors, no less. Who was it who invented this device?
8. It got very dirty in his basement, so Harry decided to invent something to clean it. But, his idea had already been created by the American Daniel Hess. What was his invention?
9. Sick of the cold food he had suffered in his basement, Harry decided to invent a way of cooking hot meals. Unfortunately for Harry, American Percy Spencer had already invented his new idea. What was Harry's idea?
10. After many centuries spent in his basement, Harry certainly didn't smell pleasant! So, he decided to create deodorant. But, his idea had been created by Ziryab, a Persian, Black African or Kurdish. Ziryab was a very hygienic man, and is believed to have also invented a very early form of what?
Source: Author Daaanieeel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.