Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I know that it's 1920, and it may be hard to spread the word about it, but my name is Earle Dickson, and I'm looking for funding for my new patent, a do-it-yourself surgical dressing, for small cuts or scrapes. What is the name of my invention that could really stick around with the proper funding?
2. I have a risqué invention to propose to you, I hope it will one day cover every woman's bottom. With the right funding, I believe I could help expose the midriff to the entire world. I also think this product could become a summer-wear staple. What is the name of my invention that shares its name with the site of a nuclear bomb test?
3. The patent for my invention, referred to in development as "the brown box", claims that this device works in conjunction with a television set and produces dots on the screen which can then be manipulated by the user. If you helped me out, you would be funding which product that is sure to become a future billion dollar industry?
4. Hear me out! My name is Frank Zamboni and I have a great idea for a resurfacing machine that I'm sure could become a necessity. I'm just not sure where. Where do you think my invention would be most useful?
5. An explosive invention indeed, it is commonly used in demolition and contains an explosive powder packed into a stick. I'm trying to raise money to get this new product on the market. What is my name?
6. Although this actor, known for his roles in "Bullitt" and "The Great Escape", died in 1980, he is also the patent holder for the custom bucket seat shell. What is this famous actor's name, who probably doesn't need help funding his product?
7. Jaap Hartsen is my name, and boy have I got an investment opportunity for you. My invention will revolutionize wireless communication and data transfer, if I could only get it funded. About which technology product, invented in 1994, am I talking?
8. I hold a patent that is sure to change the world as we know it. I'm going to create a new technology known as the Global Positioning System. What is my name?
9. Marie V.B. Brown is my name and keeping you safe is my game. Please help me fund my product. For which item did I receive a patent in 1966?
10. If you help fund this patented invention, there's a chance you could get your money back from it someday. Which invention, patented by Donald Wetzel in 1973, can be found today at most banks, convenience stores, and malls?
Source: Author LeChampion14
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.