Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many English kings *died* in the year 1066?
2. Elizabeth I had a disease during her early years as queen that gave her permanent facial scarring. Which disease was it?
3. Which monarch had nine children all of whom survived into adulthood?
4. In 2012 the body of King Richard III was found buried under a carpark in Leicester. But who was he rumoured to have killed during his lifetime?
5. The battles of Napoleon Bonaparte and Nelson are famous throughout the world (or at least, the British like to think they are), but who was on the throne in England while all this was going on?
6. This monarch is said to have sat on the beach and ordered the waves to stop mid-tide in order to demonstrate the limits to his power.
7. Bananas were introduced to England in 1633. Which English monarch was on the throne at that time and could have been the first to taste bananas?
8. Hitler is probably the most notorious warmonger of the 20th century... but who was king throughout World War 2?
9. Who was the first king of both England and Scotland?
10. William of Orange was Dutch and claimed the throne in 1688... who did he marry to strengthen his claim?
Source: Author LazyTeen1510
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.