Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. William the Conqueror became king of England after defeating Harold's army at the Battle of Hastings in 1066. He is famous for having had the Domesday Book complied, which listed all the country's wealth so that William could tax it. However, William never actually read the Domesday Book. That is because he suddenly died before it was finished?
2. The next ruler of England was William II who took the throne in 1087. What was his nickname?
3. Henry I ruled England from 1100 till 1135, when he died. But how did Henry I die?
4. Henry I had left the English throne to his daughter Matilda?
5. The next King of England after Matilda was Henry II (1154-1189). He is mostly famous for having an Archbishop murdered. What was the name of the Archbishop?
6. Next in line was Richard I, son of Henry II. He is most known for having fought in the Crusades. When he was returning from the Crusades, he was captured by the Austrians and the English had to pay a ransom to get him back. When the Austrians were searching for him, he had disguised himself as a servant. But the Austrians saw through his disguise and captured him. According to a story, what gave King Richard away?
7. When Richard died, John I became King. Most people know him for having signed the Magna Carta. But what does 'Magna Carta' mean?
8. The next King was Henry III who ruled the country for 56 whole years. One of the funny facts during his reign was that he had been given a very strange present from Emperor Frederick II. What was that present?
9. In 1272, Edward was crowned King and became Edward I. He became known as the "Axe of the Scots" for having beaten the Scots numerous times.
10. Edward II was nothing like his father. He is most famous for having been beaten by the Scots and lost a very famous battle. How is this battle known today?
Source: Author Warzycha
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.