Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Not to be confused with Jack The Ripper, Jack The Stripper killed prostitutes in post-war London. His killings were unusual for the fairly non-violent time, as the women were found naked typically under a tree of some sort, missing several teeth from their mouths, although their stockings remained in place. Most of the alleged victims were found in a fairly typical "lover's lane" and prostituting hot spot. What was this area where he found and killed his helpless victims called?
2. Known more commonly as the Riverside Prostitute Killer, William "Bill" Suff killed prostitutes in the Riverside area of California. The prostitutes were tortured and horribly mutilated while still alive. How many women had to suffer this wretched fate at his hands?
3. Charles Albright was a science teacher turned serial killer. He killed prostitutes in the Dallas area and was known for taking what from the bodies?
4. Lorenzo Gilyard killed 13 prostitutes (that we know of) in the late 80's and early 90's and was convicted at the age of 56. His case isn't very well known, but has caused much controversy. This controversy resulted because Gilyard killed three times as many women as Jack The Ripper, and yet he's only received press from local papers until he was featured in a book. Where did Gilyard kill that is now a hot spot for the advocacy of sex workers?
5. Stewart Wilken was one of the worst killers that South Africa had seen in a long time. He wasn't restricted to prostitutes, and would commonly offer young homeless men money in return for sex. He's one of the first killers that killed both middle-aged female prostitutes, and young adolescent boys. What was the method he used to kill both types of victims?
6. Gary Leon Ridgway strangled over 50 women and dumped the bodies around a river. It was this river which led to his nickname by the media. What was this river?
7. The 80's seemed to be one of the major peaks for prostitute killing, and none was happier to help that statistic than Dayton Leroy Rogers, known for his foot fetish. He killed a known eight, and injured dozens more. Few people know that Rogers had a nickname. What was it?
8. Donna R. Perry (born Douglas R. Perry). He killed female prostitutes during the 1990s. His first victim was Yolanda Sapp. She was shot multiple times with a low caliber gun and she was found naked near the Spokane River with hardly anything at the crime scene. When was her body discovered?
9. Robert Pickton acquired the company of several prostitutes and took them to his ranch where he proceeded to kill them and then feed the remains to his pigs. He's thought of in Canada as one of Vancouver's worst killers. How many victims did he have?
10. Wayne Adam Ford felt bad, he really did. Hence the name, the Remorseful Serial Killer. It is unknown whether or not he felt apologetic for killing four prostitutes, or because he got caught. Either way, he feels culpable for something, which is more than can be said for some other killers. In which state did he do his remorseful killings?
Source: Author burmlvr2478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.