Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which great philosopher was so slow to develop that he was called "The Dumb Ox" during his childhood?
2. Which philosopher was selected by a great king to be tutor to his son, who became one of the great conquerors of history?
3. Although Jefferson banned this philosopher's work from the University of Virginia, which great philosopher was a major contributor to the Founding Fathers' understanding of the republican government enjoyed in the USA?
4. This great Jewish philosopher fled from Spanish and Portuguese oppression to the Netherlands to avoid trouble with the ruling class.
5. Which great philosopher taught on the Painted Porch?
6. Whose idea was it to use a razor to cut through the baloney in an argument, saying that the simplest hypothesis is likely the best one?
7. Which two great philosopher-mathematicians both claimed to be the "father of modern calculus"?
8. Which great German philosopher, author of "Being and Time," lived for many years in a small hut in the Black Forest?
9. Which philosopher's idea of a "superman" was taken and abused by the Nazi propaganda machine during the 1930s and 1940s?
10. Lillian Hellman and Leonard Bernstein wrote an operetta based on whose novel "Candide"?
Source: Author wwtbam1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.