Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Pierre-Auguste Renoir was born to Léonard and Marguerite Renoir on February 25th, 1841 in which French town?
2. When Renoir became fourteen he began an apprentice-ship with M. Levy. With what sort of artwork was Levy involved?
3. By the age of twenty, Renoir had entered another artist's studio for training. With whom did he begin work in that year (1861)?
4. It was in 1869 that Renoir and Monet, painting together at Bougival, birthed the artistic movement later known as 'Impressionism'. At which oft-visited bathing establishment did they paint the nascent pieces of early Impressionism?
5. True or false: Renoir was seriously injured as a soldier during the Franco-Prussian War.
6. Renoir struggled along in relative obscurity for the first several years of his career, having very much difficulty making ends meet. This began to change however in the late 1870s when a certain French family began commissioning Renoir to do portraits. What was the name of this family?
7. Which of the following was a major work painted by Renoir?
8. In the mid-1880s Renoir went through a period that he called his manière aigre. How could this term best be translated?
9. Later in Renoir's life he began to paint the female form more and more. Is it true or false to say that his female figures were 'ample'?
10. In Renoir's later years he suffered terribly from a certain disability, but which one?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.