Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which English county was Raleigh born?
2. In his teens Raleigh fought on the Protestant side in the French wars of religion. True or false?
3. Raleigh's first sea venture was an abortive expedition in 1578. Who was in command of the fleet?
4. After this first sea venture, Raleigh spent some time at court. When he left the court in 1580, where was he sent?
5. Raleigh was involved in an early English colonization project at Roanoke Island in North America. In which present-day state of the U. S. is Roanoke Island?
6. In 1592 Raleigh was committed to the Tower of London. Why?
7. In 1595 Raleigh led an expedition to which part of the world?
8. In 1596 Raleigh was involved in the sacking of a Spanish seaport. Which port?
9. On what charge was Raleigh arrested, tried and convicted in 1603?
10. Raleigh was released from the Tower of London in 1616 for what purpose?
Source: Author TabbyTom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.