Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Betsy Ross was raised in colonial America under what religion known for plain dress and strict discipline?
2. What was the primary occupation of Betsy Ross? (It was *not* seamstress!)
3. How did the legend of Betsy Ross and the American Flag enter the USA's national consciousness?
4. According to tradition, what future President headed the committee that visited Betsy Ross and worked out the design for the American Flag?
5. When did the committee to design a flag allegedly meet at Betsy Ross's house?
6. In the "Betsy Ross Flag", what comprises the distinguishing characteristic?
7. According to the Smithsonian Institution, the flag known as the "Betsy Ross Flag" is considered the first national flag of the fledgling United States of America.
8. What do supporters of the veracity of the legend of Betsy Ross give as evidence?
9. Historians who dispute the Betsy Ross legend make which of these assertions to support their case?
10. The Betsy Ross legend notwithstanding, which man claimed to be the designer of the American Flag, and even demanded compensation?
Source: Author gracious1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.