Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which Southern state was Bob Ross born that well matches his sunshine personality? (It is also the same state where he died and where he was buried.)
2. Between his time in school and enlisting in the armed forces, Bob Ross spent some time working for his father, Jack Ross, a carpenter. What sort of injury did Bob receive at this time which left permanent damage?
3. Before he became known for his painting, Bob was a proud veteran of the US Armed Forces. In which branch (over the wild blue yonder) did he serve?
4. During much of his career, Bob served at a base in a particular state that might be described as the frontier. Which state was it?
5. While in the armed forces, Bob Ross was inspired by an artist that he viewed on television. Which artist, from whom Bob learned his "wet on wet" technique, was this?
6. Inspired by an artist he saw on television, Bob Ross would begin his own television art program in 1983. What was the name of this program filled with "happy little trees"?
7. While Bob Ross was generally a very private person, he is known to have been married three times. How many children did Bob Ross have from his marriages?
8. Generally speaking, how many copies of a painting would Bob Ross generally create for his 1980s-1990s television art program? (A major exception would be for season 13 of his program.)
9. Bob Ross died at the relatively young age of 52. What was the cause of his death?
10. Bob's legacy continued after his death. A 2015 television advertisement for HGTV Sherwin Williams included portrayals of several well known artists including Bob Ross. Which other 20th century artist represented the United States along with Bob?
Source: Author bernie73
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.