Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We start on a not-so-happy note with O.J. Simpson, who was born in San Francisco in 1947. He is an American football player/actor who was accused of murdering his wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ronald Goldman in 1989, but do you know the name of the book that he wrote in 2006, based on the event of the murders?
2. Ansel Adams was a photographer and conservationist born in San Francisco in 1902. His photos are popular, and are still reproduced in posters, calendars and other prints, despite the fact that he sadly died in 1984. Do you know the name of his wife?
3. A more famous face: Clint Eastwood was born in San Francisco in 1930, weighing in at a huge 11 pounds! He has Scottish, English, Irish, and Dutch ancestry in his family. However, can you tell me which of these movies that he has starred in, he described as "probably the lousiest Western ever made"?
4. Robert Frost was an American poet born in San Francisco in 1874. He is still known for his use of American colloquialism and his poems about rural life. Can you tell me how many times he won the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry?
5. Dianne Feinstein was the first female mayor of San Francisco, and served from 1978 to 1988. She was also the first female president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors; she has achieved other "firsts" including being the first woman to serve in the senate from California. Do you know which mayor she succeeded after he was assassinated?
6. The Zodiac Killer was a serial killer who killed five people around the San Francisco area in the late 1960s. He sent letters to the press, taunting them, and used a symbol of a circle with a cross marked through it to mark his correspondence. Was his identity ever discovered?
7. Isadora Duncan was a dancer, born in San Francisco in 1877. She is considered today as the mother of modern dance, and is unfortunately still widely remembered for the freak accident that killed her at the age of 50. Do you know the name of the French-Italian mechanic, in whose car she was a passenger in at the time of her accident?
8. Carlos Santana is a Mexican-American rock musician, whose family moved to Tijuana, a city on the border between Mexico and California, before finally moving to San Francisco. Carlos' father was a mariachi violinist, and at five he learned to play the violin too, and the guitar at age eight. Can you tell me the name of the Mexican city the Santana family came from, in which Carlos was born?
9. Donald Fisher is a businessman who was born in Cutsdean, California, but spent his childhood in San Francisco. He co-founded the Gap clothing stores. When he attended university, a professor caught him cheating, awarded him an F, but did not have him expelled. Can you tell me in which college of the University of California this happened?
10. Lisa Bonet is an actress born in San Francisco in 1967, who starred in "The Cosby Show" and the spin-off show "A Different World", and was married to Lenny Kravitz (1987-1993). Around 1992, she legally changed her name, although she still uses the name Lisa Bonet for her entertainment career. Which of these did she change her name to?
Source: Author reeshy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.