Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Normally, people with an unusual, unpronounceable, or just plain funny name will change it so that people might take them more seriously. However, this is not quite always the case.
What singer, born Arnold George Dorsey, adopted the name of a German opera composer as his stage name?
2. Marilyn Monroe is possibly the most iconic sex symbol the world has ever known. Her name is associated with everything beautiful.
However, if Monroe was to keep her baptism name, which name would stand for the epitome of beauty?
3. Lev Davidovich Bronstein is perhaps one of the best-known Russian leaders of the 20th century. Wait, you've never heard of him?
Perhaps you might recognize his pseudonym? What was it again?
4. Flamboyant fitness enthusiast Richard Simmons was born with quite a different first name. What was it?
Too hard? OK, he shares this first name with a baseball player with the surname Bradley. And that baseball player's full name is also the name of a company well-known for making board games. Now can you guess?
5. Take him home, country roads! What geographically-named crooner was born Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr?
6. He won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1971. He was the subject of the Italian film "Il Postino." He was a Stalinist. He was born Neftalí Ricardo Reyes Basoalto. Who was he?
7. Jacob Cohen never got any respect. None, I tell 'ya. He appeared in "Caddyshack" and "Back to School." Who do we know him as?
8. James Newell Osterberg, Jr. doesn't really sound like the name of a guy who has been knighted the "Godfather of Punk." What name is Osterberg better known by (and should I mention, it fits him much better)?
9. It really wouldn't be a quiz without a reference to an obscure 1980's artist. Johann Hölzel recorded "Rock Me Amadeus" under what birdlike stage name?
10. The alias "Rusty Shackleford" is held by both a real Canadian DJ and a fictional character on "King of the Hill." Which character goes by the pseudonym "Rusty" every now and then?
Source: Author swgolde
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.