Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On February 19, 1841, Hugh Tinney was on his way to Sydney with his team of bullocks. Tinney stopped near the Ironstone Bridge, which is just outside of Berrima. He noticed a dingo scavenging near a pile of brush, and he becamed intrigued. When he chased the dingo away, Tinney discovered the body of a man. What was the name of this man?
2. In 1835, a man travelling with a young Aboriginal boy was murdered. Lynch and this man were friends, but Lynch decided to kill his friend so he could make off with items that they both had stolen. What is the name of the man who was killed?
3. While Lynch was on Razorback Mountain, he became friendly with a father and son. Unbeknownst to them, Lynch was planning on killing them. What was the last name of the father and son?
4. A few days later, Lynch came upon a farm, which was owned by Mrs. Mulligan. Lynch demanded the money that her husband owed him. How much was the money that Lynch demanded?
5. That same night, Lynch walked to the Black Horse Hotel in Berrima to clear his head. After drinking some rum he wandered back to the Mulligan farm, and came upon Mr. and Mrs. Mulligan. Mr. Mulligan told Lynch to be careful and responsible about the amount of money he was asking for. Lynch walked away and sat down on a log, deep in thought. He then lured the Mulligan's son towards him, and killed him. What was the name of the son?
6. When Lynch returned to the Mulligan's farm, he was met by Mr. and Mrs. Mulligan. They wanted to know where their son was, and Lynch said that the boy was still in the woods. Mrs. Mulligan demanded that Lynch shoot his gun to alert anyone within earshot that something was totally wrong. Lynch walked back to the woods with one of the Mulligans, and murdered one of them in the woods. Which one did he kill?
7. True or False: Lynch assumed the identity of Mr. Mulligan and tried to sell the farm?
8. On February 21, 1841, Lynch was apprehended by the police. What name did he give the police when he was arrested?
9. In all, how many people did Lynch kill?
10. When was Lynch put to death?
Source: Author DakotaNorth
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.