Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. After landing at Ellis Island in New York, nine-year-old Salvatore "Sal" Lucania was diagnosed with which ailment?
2. Being a bully at school, Luciano charged classmates a fee for his protection. One individual refused to pay, yet stood up to him, instead, in his fight. Who was the person whose defiance impressed Lucky so much, that they became best friends?
3. In 1907, at the tender age of ten, Luciano was arrested for what crime?
4. Which of the following illegal activity became Luciano's largest operation in 1920?
5. Lucky Luciano was credited with organizing which association that has been said to be his most important innovation, even by today's Mafia standard?
6. Who was New York's prosecuting district attorney that targeted Lucky Luciano as the ringleader of organized crime?
7. After his apprehension, Lucky Luciano failed to appear at his court trial. He arranged to escape to which state?
8. Lucky Luciano, with his influential supremacy, helped the government of the United States and secured the waterfront docks in New York from Nazi saboteurs. With which branch of service was the secret deal formed?
9. Lucky Luciano's sentencing had been commuted only with instructions to return to his native country of Italy. One year later, he rebelled and disregarded the U.S. official's agreement, and secretly fled to which country?
10. What caused the death of Charles "Lucky" Luciano on January 26, 1962?
Source: Author lilady
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.