Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which actor, with a watery name, has appeared on British television as Terry McCann, George Carter and Gerry Standing?
2. 'The Soldier' was a poem written during World War I by a poet named Brooke. What was his first name?
3. The television presenter Gordon Burns introduced which long running game show from 1977 until 1995?
4. In 1982 Tim Waterstone set up the chain of shops which bore his name. What did they sell?
5. Roger Waters was one of the co-founders of which well known British band?
6. This weather forecaster was the unfortunate man who failed to warn viewers of the approaching 'Great Storm of 1987'. What was his watery surname?
7. Having played for England on forty-seven occasions, Trevor Brooking went on to become a pundit and member of his sport's governing body. With which sport was he associated?
8. Sir Edward Burne-Jones made his name in which artistic field?
9. Rebekah Brooks, formerly Wade, became the first female editor of which daily newspaper in 2003?
10. Pete Waterman and Matt Aitken were two of the three members of the successful song writing and producing trio of the 1980s and 1990s. Who was the other partner?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.