Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Pizza is practically a food group in the U.S. Who doesn't enjoy pizza? Entrepreneur Roger Brown invented and patented what pizza device?
2. Who would have thought that a dental student and ex-football player could come up with a product so unusual that it would make millions? What "fake" fashion statement did the duo create?
3. British metalworker, Mick Madden, invented a device that he truly believes keeps his pet goldfish happy. What did Madden invent?
4. Which owlish-looking virtual toy sold like hotcakes when it was introduced in 1998 but was withdrawn from the market in 2000?
5. Building a better mousetrap is not always successful. However, engineer Jenan Kazim did just that by improving on a product that's been around a long time and is used by millions in inclement weather. What product did Kazim improve upon and patent?
6. In the 1980s high school teacher, Stuart Anders, came up with a idea for an affordable and fashionable piece of jewelry, at least while it lasted. What did the teacher invent that flew off the shelves and was worn by students everywhere?
7. In 1958, when it didn't take a lot to entertain a child, Arthur Melin and Richard Knerr came up with a very simple toy which they designed for body movement. It was a big success. What did Melin and Knerr invent?
8. Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, or L. Ron Hubbard as he was better known, founded the Church of Scientology and "Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health." In 1968 he felt the need to create his own device for detecting whether or not tomatoes felt pain when sliced. What did Hubbard create?
9. Isn't it annoying to take your cell phone into the bath with you and find that your wet finger won't work on the device? Artist/inventor Dominic Wilcox came up with a solution. What did he invent?
10. Don't you just hate it when your face gets chapped while snowboarding? David Stankunas thought so too so he created his own company, once featured on the TV show "Shark Tank," that produces what line of head gear?
Source: Author nmerr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.