Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first enclosure is labelled 'Group Captain Cunningham'. It's very dark in there, but you can see eyes shining! During WWII, the British authorities, in an attempt to conceal their use of Airborne Interception, later known as radar, claimed that night fighters ate a lot of carrots! As a result of his 14 night-fighting victories, what nickname was given to John Cunningham?
2. In the next enclosure, you can't quite see the exhibit, but there's a strange noise coming from the enclosure! Chester Arthur Burnett, the influential Blues musician, was given what nickname by his grandfather?
3. The next enclosure is laid out in a very distinctive landscape. During WWII where did a Fox fight against the Rats?
4. The next enclosure looks like a football stadium. Gosh, the crowd must have a massive feed bill! Liverpool and England (among other teams) soccer player and captain Emlyn Hughes, who sadly died aged 57 from a brain tumour, shared his nickname with which native American war leader?
5. The next enclosure is not very big, but it's light and airy, with a nice perch. Interestedly, you peer at the label, but it's in French! What sort of zoo is this? So, which French singer, named for the British nurse executed in WWI and born with the surname Gassion, might the label refer to?
6. A medium size enclosure comes next. There are a few surfaces too - grass, clay and hard. What big bars too! The tennis player, Vitas Gerulaitis, tragically died of carbon monoxide poisoning in 1994. What was his 'animal' nickname?
7. More big bars on the next enclosure - you must be in the Big Cats section. Tipu Sultan of India was also known by which name of the choices?
8. Hmm - interesting enclosure next. Very green - but what's that ice floe doing in there? What animal nickname was given to US golfer Craig Stadler - partly because of his generous build and partly because of a distinctive facial feature?
9. Another very sturdy enclosure here! Which animal nickname is shared by Status Quo guitarist John Edwards and US professional wrestler Terry Gerin - and both of them could belong to the Leeds Rugby League team?
10. The last enclosure is very small, but extremely nice with a little house, and a wheel. What nickname is Richard Hammond, who nearly died in a horrific high speed (280mph (450 km/h)) crash while filming for 'Top Gear', known by?
Source: Author Quiz_Beagle
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.